Benjamin Whelan emailed OSA and wrote:
Access is a global human rights organization that promotes and protects a free and secure internet around the world. We have three departments covering policy, technology and engagement and we have offices in New York, Santiago, Tunis, Washington and Brussels.
Access | accessnow.org PGP ID: 0x1F2EC60E
Position: Security Incident Handler - Manila, Philippines
Access' Security Incident Handler, Manila, Philippines, will be responsible for manning Access Tech's 24 x 7 x 365 Digital Security Helpline, providing rapid response information security capability to meet the needs of NGO staff, and other civil society clients around the globe.
We are looking for dedicated and passionate individuals whom possess much of the technical criteria outlined below, but more importantly, candidates are passionate about digital security, human rights, and personal liberties and are inspired by our mission to defend these rights and fight for open and secure communications for all. A successful candidate is someone who is always looking for ways to learn and improve, and who is dedicated to applying their computer and technical skills to help those in need across Asia and the world.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Perform incident rapid response duties via phone, email, and other communication channels. Perform client risk assessments. Give structured advice and recommendations as required, verbally and in written format.
· Document case history and maintain chain of evidence.
· Perform investigations and forensic analysis as required. Give security training to clients as required.
· Mitigate DDoS attacks, worm and virus outbreaks, and targeted attacks with trojans, rootkits, and other malware
· Defend the computer systems and web presence of clients.
· Security harden and patch systems, inc. MS Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
· Build and deploy blackout resilient technologies in the field.
· Operate, manage, fix, tune, and upgrade IDS sensors, and operate a SEIM to analyze complex attacks and generate reports.
· Build, manage, tune, fix, and upgrade circumvention server capacity.
· Perform systems administration tasks as required.
· Do software development work as required.
· Appear in court and present forensic evidence if required.
· Must have a core computer science / technical competency (eg Comp Sci degree)
· Extensive training covering most of the 'Essential Duties & Responsibilities' (see above) will be provided to the successful candidate for this role. No specialist security education is required beyond that received in obtaining the computer science degree.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
· Some exposure to Microsoft XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac OSX, and Linux operating systems. Familiarity with Wifi, TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP/S, TLS, PKI, VPN, VM, SSH, etc.
Additional Desired Technical Skills:
Required Personal Qualities:
· Unshakable integrity and personal ethics; dedicated, reliable and trustworthy, with a willingness to provide feedback and ask for assistance in challenging situations.
· Energetic and confident. Comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with routine activities. Must possess strong analytical capabilities, be resourceful and well organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to work in a high stress emergency environment that requires sustained focus; have an appetite for responsibility and perform careful, diligent work. Must be able to work unsupervised.
· Willing and ready to learn new things, be trained in incident handling and intrusion detection; and be willing to adhere to a strict procedural modus operandi as defined by Access.
· Be available for travel throughout the Asia region and beyond at short notice and for periods up to three months in length.
· Keep technical knowledge and skills up to date, and be willing to attend trainings and conferences as required by Access.
· Good ability in English Language essential. Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic, or other languages an advantage.
Location: Manila, Philippines
Commitment: Full-time, 8 hour daytime shift (business hours), 4 days on / 2 days off shift schedule.
Reporting: This role will report to the Security Incident Shift Lead – Manila, and Access' Technology Director.
To apply, send a copy of your CV, a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position, and two references (only one may be academic) to:
· Please place “Security Incident Handler, Manila, Philippines - [Your Name]” as the subject line.
Tema: “Maalab na Sebisyo Publiko ng Mapagkalingang Kampus”
Panukalang Order ng Parada
Petsa : Miyerkules, Disyembre 18, 2013
Oras ng Pagtitipon : Alas 3:00 ng hapon, University Avenue
Simula ng Parada : Alas 4:00 ng hapon
Ang unahan ng parada ay gagalaw pa-counter-clockwise palibot ng Academic Oval
Lugar na Pagtitipunan:
Delos Santos St.
(sa kanang bahagi na nakaharap sa Quezon Hall)
UP ROTC Symphonic Band
UP Corps of Cadets
UP System Officials
UP Diliman Officials
UP System Administrative Offices
UP Diliman Administrative Offices
Susundan ang Alumni Groups
Ang Student Groups ay maaaring sumali alinman sa kanilang kolehiyo o USC
Lugar na Pagtitipunan: University Avenue (kanan nakaharap sa Oblation)
· College of Human Kinetics
· Virata School of Business
· Technology Management Center
· School of Urban and Regional Planning
· School of Statistics
· School of Library and Information Studies
· School of Labor and Industrial Relations
· School of Economics
· National College of Public Administration and Governance
· Institute of Islamic Studies
· College of Social Work and Community Development
· College of Social Sciences and Philosophy
· College of Science
· College of Music
· College of Mass Communication /DZUP
· College of Law
· College of Home Economics
· College of Engineering
· College of Education
· Asian Institute of Tourism
· Asian Center
· College of Arts and Letters
· College of Architecture
· UP Extension Program in San Fernando Pampanga and Olongapo
· UP Manila
· UP Open University
· Barangay UP Campus/Multi-Sectoral Alliance
· USC /Student Organizations
· AUPWU/UP Kilos Na
Susundan ang Student Organizations
· College of Fine Arts
Ang mga karosa ay dadaan sa Amphitheater
1. Hikayatin ang mga kalahok na magtipun-tipon sa University Avenue / itinalagang lugar bago ang Parada.
2. Tandaan ang mga pisikal na limitasyon ng UP Academic Oval:
2.1 May labindalawang (12) humps sa oval;
2.2 Labindalawang (12) talampakan ang taas ng vertical clearance sa VSB-Economics; at
2.3 2.2 kilometro ang kabuuang haba ng parade.
3. Magsumite ng deskripsyon ng inyong mga parol (double-spaced, 14 pts) at CD copy ng inyong performance (kung meron man) sa OVCCA bago o sa araw ng Biyernes, Disyembre 13, 2013. Ang description ing inyong mga parol ay maaring ipadala sa OVCCA sa pamamagitan ng fax numero 9282947, o email sa email@example.com. Limitahan ang iyong paglalarawan sa 5 pangungusap lamang. Babasahin ng (mga) emcee ang deskripsiyon ng isinumite, habang ang inyong yunit ay dadaan sa entablado. Taglay naman ang karapatan na i-edit ang mahabang spiels. Hindi na i-entertain ang huling magsusumite ng mga paglalarawan.
Sa Ika – 18 ng Disyembre 2013
1. Ang oras ng pagtitipun-tipon ay alas 3:00 ng hapon. Kaagad magsisimula ang parada ng alas 4:00 ng hapon pagkatapos magbigay ng signal ang CMO upang magsimula. Mangyari lamang na nasa mga lugar na ng itinalagang pagtitipunan sa itinalagang oras.
2. Mangyaring gumawa ng isang bandereta, flag o banner/tarpaulin o ilang paraan ng pagkakakilanlan para sa iyong yunit.
3. Walang magaganap na pagpipili ng mananalo sa panahon ng Parada ng mga Parol. Isasagawa ang pagpili ng mananalo sa lahat ng kumpetisyon sa pagitan ng Disyembre 13-18, 2013.
4. Palala: inaasahang di lalampas ang presentasyon/palabas ng bawat yunit sa (a) isang minuto sa Palma Hall at College of Engineering; at (b) dalawang minuto sa Amphitheater/Quezon Hall.
Click picture to visit OSA FB Account Re. Anouncement